from: Central Africa | cooking method: pan frying
Squash with Peanuts
This recipe comes from Chad; Peanuts are a common ingredient in Chadian cuisine.
What you need
- two to three pounds summer squash (cut into cubes) or zucchini (sliced)
- three cups shelled roasted peanuts; crushed or coarsely chopped
- salt to taste
- one teaspoon brown sugar or white sugar (optional)
What you do
- Heat a spoonful of oil in a large skillet. Cook squash until it begins to become tender, stirring often; about five to ten minutes. (Or cook squash in one cup of boiling water. Drain excess water before adding peanuts.) Squash can be mashed if desired.
- Add peanuts, salt, and sugar. Reduce heat. Simmer until squash is tender and flavors have mingled, about five minutes. Serve hot.
Search this website: